Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LET'S GET TICKETS FOR MARCH MADNESS


     "Are you a basketball fan looking for Lakers or Clippers tickets? Hollywood Tickets.  A romantic night out with your significant other at Cirque Love? Hollywood Tickets.  You want theater tickets for Wicked?  Hollywood Tickets.  Los Angeles, Vegas, anywhere in the country.  A Broadway Show? Call us.  Hollywood Tickets.
"Hockey fan?   Soccer fan?   A Tony Bennett fan?  Dodgers?  Angeles?  That's the ticket.  Hollywood Tickets.  March Madness. We'll get you to New Orleans.  
"So, call us.  Hollywood Tickets.  We'll get your butts in the seats you want.  Call me, Mr. Hollywood. Hollywood Tickets."
A voice from the recording room, "Terrific, Mr. Hollywood.  Half hour it'll be on the air nationwide."
"Hold on,"  says Mr.. Hollywood.  "Come on. This is good for L.A., but its gotta be changed.  It'll never play back East.  Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, no way.
"This airs in Boston, we have to give them Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics.  Give me ten minutes, I'll make a call, and we'll do this right."
"You're the boss Mr. Hollywood."
Mr. Hollywood thumbs his SmartPhone.  It rings.
"Hello?"
"Looking for a Mr. Key West. That you?"
"Who wants to know? And how'd you get this number, anyway."
"This is Mr. Hollywood, ticket broker out her in Los Angeles.  Bretwood Belair gave me you number..."
"...I'm real busy right now..."
"Only take a minute. Best odds guy in the country, you'd think I'd be calling Vegas, not South Florida."
"Brentwood, huh" says Key West. "Okay...I guess?"
"Here's the deal.  I sell tickets.  I've just recorded a radio spot, but its for L. A., you know, Lakers, Clippers, stuff here on the West Coast."
"Yeah...Okay..."
"So here's what I need, and I'll pay you for it, if you need me to, 'cause Brentwood told me you were a stand up guy when it comes to odds on sports."
"Yeah, yeah, okay...so..."
"March Madness is in New Orleans this year. I'll be sending my radio spots all over the country, so what I want is this.  I need to fit my spot to the location.  I can't be talking March Madness tickets to people in South Texas if they don't have a team in the finals, or in Chicago, know what I'm saying?"
"Okay, so you need me?  And in the future...this is my private line."
"No, I understand.  Only take a minute.  I'm selling March Madness tickets.   You tell me who's going to be the Final Four, and I'll put the ad on local radio.  Understand what I'm saying."
"Best bang for your buck."
"Exactly."
"Okay...so...you say you're a friend of Brentwood...so okay.  This is proprietary information, but...okay.  Concentrate on these areas.
"Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Florida.  And...maybe Ohio, around Cincinnati, as a long shot.
Michigan State will make the Final Four because of Tom Izzo, they have a solid defense, and Draymond Green. Bet against Izzo? Be careful.
Now, Kentucky took on all comers, and they only lost two games all year.
I like Kentucky.
The other match up is Florida State and Kansas
I think Florida State can beat just about anybody.  This is a place the Seminoles  have never been.  I like their coach.  Leonard Hamilton.  In 10 years, he's gone 200-126  Not bad.
They're up against Kansas, Big 12 regular season winner. 
"Florida State will be there.  They play tough defense, and they're gaining NCAA Tourney experience. 
The Wildcats? Well, they've got the most talent. The coach that's been there and done that. And a nearly blemish-free record.
"Even though the President picked the Tar Heels, I'm going with the Kentucky Wildcats.
"Those are the places to concentrate you radio ads. Trust me. Okay...so...I gotta get back... Just  tell Brentwood he owes me."
"Florida State?" says Mr. Hollywood.  "Are you sure?  I don't know?"
"Look, I've been doing this for almost fifteen years.  You wanted winners."
"Hey, sorry," says Mr.. Hollywood.  "I'll start working on my ads.  Miami, Louisville, Kansas City, and Detroit.  And like you say, maybe Cincinnati.   I'll get all my March Madness tickets sold.
"So...okay...busy here..."
"Thanks Key West. Call me you ever need any tickets for anything."
"Can you give me a winning season at Hialeah?"
"I can get you into the Clubhouse, maybe half price."
"That'll save me what?  Five, six bucks?  Okay...gotta go...remember this is kinda my private line...and well...don't call me back ... again...ever.  Half price...?"
----------------------------
Help comes from:
msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball
Google/Images, Wikipedia/march madness,
vernoncroy.com/8879/ncaa-bracket-2012
ncaa.com/interactive-bracket

No comments:

Post a Comment